Swinton Lock Activity Centre is a community based Arts, Education and Activity Centre.
The Centre has a special role to play in addressing the needs of vulnerable adults, children and young people with complex, multiple needs and or/disabilities. We have a strong people focused, non judgemental ethos.
- Group Art / Craft activities for fun & therapy
- A whole range of hands on activities for everyone regardless of age, ability or experience
- One to one outreach support
- Work to involve CSE Survivors and their families in developing policy, raising awareness and supporting others
- Work with those at risk of or suffering from domestic and sexual abuse.
- Re-engagement work with Young People at risk of exclusion or struggling to access full time education
- Supporting Children & Young People in need with after school activities
- The Centre also owns 2 narrowboats, one of which is fully accessible to those with disabilities, for training (environmental, learning & educational opportunities) and leisure on our local waterways.
- Volunteering Opportunities
Our Mission Statement
Swinton Lock Activity Centre is committed to providing an all-embracing wide range of client led activities, which are flexible, inclusive and accessible for all.
Independent Centre Evaluation concluded;
Swinton Lock Activity Centre is a prime example of a relatively small charity that has a big impact and is making a real difference to the lives of a significant number of people. It is clearly meeting need and is working with some very vulnerable client groups commonly described as 'hard to reach'.
Our Message to you
If you are interested in becoming a friend of Swinton lock and making a donation or assisting us with any other ideas of how we can fundraise, please get in touch or arrange to come & visit us and see what we do.
Jayne Senior MBE